Learn about features to audit data store interactions.
- [Instructor] Some applications must track … when an entity was created or modified … and which user did it. … This is called auditing, which is a common requirement, … especially with large-scale applications. … Spring Data recognizes this and provides features … to automatically do that tracking for you. … There are two ways to wire up Spring Data auditing. … One way is to decorate your own entity attributes … with predefined annotations. … The CreatedDate annotation injects the time stamp … of when the entity is first persisted. … The LastModifiedDate annotation injects … the time that the entity's update was last persisted. … The data time can be either long, … Joda-Time DateTime, pre-Java 8 Date and Calendar, … or Java 8 Date-Time. … The CreatedBy annotation injects the user … that created the record. … LastModifiedBy annotation injects the user … that last modified it. … The other way is to not touch the entity attributes. … Instead, implement the Auditable interface … and extend from AbstractAuditable base class. …
AuthorMary Ellen Bowman
In this course, learn how to easily implement JPA-based repositories using Spring Data JPA. Mary Ellen Bowman describes the Spring Data umbrella project, and helps you understand JPA for object-relational mapping. She also covers querying, and dives into other Spring Data Commons features such as QueryDSL and auditing.
- Spring Data Commons
- Using JPA for object-relational mapping
- Declaring Spring Data Repositories
- Creating query methods with property expressions and @Query
- Query by example
- QueryDSL Spring Data Extension
- Spring Data REST
- Introduction to Spring Data Mongo
- Common pitfalls
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Database Access with Hibernatewith Peggy Fisher1h 28m Intermediate
1. The Spring Data Umbrella Project
Spring Data Commons2m 39s
2. Understanding JPA for Object-Relational Mapping
3. Introduction to Spring Data JPA
4. Querying with Spring Data
5. More Repository Types
6. Special Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.