In this video, learn how to connect to a REST API.
- [Instructor] Rest is a common HTTP based technique … for serving an externally hosted … application programming interface or API. … Let us build a rest API connection end point together. … We will initialize the lesson files for this lesson … using get checkout 04_04B. … For several code lessons now, … we have relied on a Java util timer implementation … embedded in one of our service classes … in order to simulate an HTTP rest API call and response … so that we could focus on learning other things. … In this lesson, we will transform that mock setup … into a real HTTP interaction … backed by our own applications embedded tomcat web server … which is provided by spring boot. … Notice here in line 39 of our status monitor service, … we have a timer task that ultimately puts a message … onto an API input channel down here in line 52. … This message makes it sway from there … through the core application message pipeline … that is specified in status monitor, dot XML. … Let's pipe in to that same API input channel …
Skill Level Advanced
Using the exercise files2m 16s
1. Essential Project Components
2. Communicating Messages over Channels
3. Manage Messages with Endpoints
4. Connect External Systems with Endpoints
5. Advanced Spring Integration
Advanced Spring Integration2m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.