Learn how to create and update entities.
- [Instructor] So let's get into some real code. … In the exercise files, … there is Spring Boot Maven project that I created … with Spring Initializr. … If you are not familiar with Spring Boot … or Spring Initializr, … I encourage you to watch the first chapter … of Learning Spring with Spring Boot. … The project's called university. … It incorporates in H two in memory database … so you can download and run the project … without any setup other than Java, Maven, and an IDE. … The base package is com dot example dot university. … There are three Java entities, … student, course, and department in the domain package. … Student … is an entity. … It has a student ID … that is automatically generated upon construction, … there's a full-time status attribute, … an age attribute, … and attendee, which is embeddable … as the person class … that has the first and last name of the student. … So person is embeddable. … It's not an entity in itself. … It's part of the student entity … and there's the first and last name attribute. …
AuthorMary Ellen Bowman
In this course, learn how to easily implement JPA-based repositories using Spring Data JPA. Mary Ellen Bowman describes the Spring Data umbrella project, and helps you understand JPA for object-relational mapping. She also covers querying, and dives into other Spring Data Commons features such as QueryDSL and auditing.
- Spring Data Commons
- Using JPA for object-relational mapping
- Declaring Spring Data Repositories
- Creating query methods with property expressions and @Query
- Query by example
- QueryDSL Spring Data Extension
- Spring Data REST
- Introduction to Spring Data Mongo
- Common pitfalls
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Database Access with Hibernatewith Peggy Fisher1h 28m Intermediate
1. The Spring Data Umbrella Project
Spring Data Commons2m 39s
2. Understanding JPA for Object-Relational Mapping
3. Introduction to Spring Data JPA
4. Querying with Spring Data
5. More Repository Types
6. Special Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.