Learn about the PagingAndSortingRepository and JpaRepository interfaces as well as the Sort, Pageable, and Page classes.
- [Instructor] If you are not familiar with the concept … of paging and sorting, I'd like to give you a little demo. … In my browser, I have Google open … and I'm going to enter a search term, latency. … The response is immediate, the results are sorted … by relevance and when I scroll to the bottom … I see that there is at least 10 screens of results. … Each time I click Next … or one of the number of pages, … there is a brief pause, Why did that happen? … Didn't Google already fetch all the results … when I clicked Search? … Thankfully, no. … Google, like any smart web application, … employs paging and sorting where application fetch chunks … of data on demand. … Any query method can be enhanced to support paging, … just add a parameter of typed pageable, … which specifies which chunk to fetch … and return the type page. … In this example of course repository, … we overloaded the findByCredits method … with a pageable parameter. … The page request … which implements pageable requires some parameters …
AuthorMary Ellen Bowman
In this course, learn how to easily implement JPA-based repositories using Spring Data JPA. Mary Ellen Bowman describes the Spring Data umbrella project, and helps you understand JPA for object-relational mapping. She also covers querying, and dives into other Spring Data Commons features such as QueryDSL and auditing.
- Spring Data Commons
- Using JPA for object-relational mapping
- Declaring Spring Data Repositories
- Creating query methods with property expressions and @Query
- Query by example
- QueryDSL Spring Data Extension
- Spring Data REST
- Introduction to Spring Data Mongo
- Common pitfalls
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Database Access with Hibernatewith Peggy Fisher1h 28m Intermediate
1. The Spring Data Umbrella Project
Spring Data Commons2m 39s
2. Understanding JPA for Object-Relational Mapping
3. Introduction to Spring Data JPA
4. Querying with Spring Data
5. More Repository Types
6. Special Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.