Map Entity attributes to other Java classes within a query method.
- [Instructor] Some folks might be fans of Query by Example. … It's a popular mechanism with visual querying facilities … like Microsoft Access database user interface. … Advantages of Query by Example? … It's a user-friendly alternative to SQL, … lookup objects similar to other objects, … it's independent of an underlying datastore. … You might want to use it, … if you have frequently refactored code, … but there are limitations around nested property constraints … and string matching. … Spring Data supports Query by Example … with the QueryByExampleExecutor. … In our exercise files, DepartmentRepository extends … from JpaRepository which also extends … from QueryByExampleExecutor. … QueryByExampleExecutor repositories declare … all these methods which take an example attribute. … So how do we instantiate an example class? … One way to instantiate an example class is … with just a probe attribute. … Probe is an object of type of entity we are looking up, … in this case department. … We set the attributes in department that we need to match. …
AuthorMary Ellen Bowman
In this course, learn how to easily implement JPA-based repositories using Spring Data JPA. Mary Ellen Bowman describes the Spring Data umbrella project, and helps you understand JPA for object-relational mapping. She also covers querying, and dives into other Spring Data Commons features such as QueryDSL and auditing.
- Spring Data Commons
- Using JPA for object-relational mapping
- Declaring Spring Data Repositories
- Creating query methods with property expressions and @Query
- Query by example
- QueryDSL Spring Data Extension
- Spring Data REST
- Introduction to Spring Data Mongo
- Common pitfalls
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Database Access with Hibernatewith Peggy Fisher1h 28m Intermediate
1. The Spring Data Umbrella Project
Spring Data Commons2m 39s
2. Understanding JPA for Object-Relational Mapping
3. Introduction to Spring Data JPA
4. Querying with Spring Data
5. More Repository Types
6. Special Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.