- Creating a new project
- Baking texture maps
- Fixing overlapping UVs and AO
- Creating a metal material
- Texturing the body, tires, and cabin of the vehicle
- Applying dirt and rust
- Exporting textures
- Rendering in Iray
Skill Level Beginner
- [Wes] Hello, my name is Wes McDermott, and I'm the integrations product manager and a Substance trainer at Algorithmic. I'd love to have you join me in this LinkedIn Learning course where we will take a fun and relaxed approach to learning Substance Painter. Substance Painter is an industry-standard tool for authoring textures used in physically-based rendering. Whether you are working in games, VFX, or design, a strong understanding of physically-based material creation is in high demand. In this LinkedIn training course, we will use a project-based approach to creating materials and textures using Substance Painter.
We will take a material authoring approach to learning by creating base materials and then building upon that foundation to create more complex materials and textures. I will showcase how you can use the non-destructive procedural toolset of Substance painter to get you about 80 to 90% of the texture work completed and then spend that last 10 to 20% refining with hand-painted details. You will learn the software as we create content, and more importantly, we will discuss not only the how, but also the why behind the process.
By the end of this course, you will have a strong understanding of the ins and outs of Substance Painter.
Unreal: Substance Designer Workflowwith Scott Pagano2h 5m Intermediate
Substance Designer: Product Visualizationwith Joel Bradley1h 16m Intermediate
1. Creating a Project
2. Baking Textures
3. Creating a Metal Material
4. Texturing the Body
5. Texturing the Tires and Cabin
6. Applying Decal Textures and Overall Dirt
7. Exporting and Using Textures
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.