As a Swift developer, mastering threads is quintessential to optimizing your applications, and its no different with Combine. In this video, learn how to leverage schedulers to publish data in different threads, as well as emit data at predetermined times.
- Thread management is a vital aspect … of being a mindful Swift developer … and it combines and applied just as equally … as another aspect of your Swift development. … When using combine to update your application's … UI elements, it is crucial that you optimize … your streams to use the main thread but to also … not degrade the user experience. … In this video, we'll touch on how the framework … leverages sequence protocol in various operators … to effectively and efficiently manage your data streams. … Before we dive into the weeds of threading, … let's talk a bit of scheduler protocol. … Central to thread management and combine … is the scheduler protocol. … A protocol that defines when and how to execute a closure, … whether it is immediately or sometime in the future run. … This protocol abstracts the complexities … of thread management as a managed service, … as either publisher upstream … or subscription downstream level. … Two of the most common operators that help … orchestrate the string queues are receive(on:) …
- Functional reactive programming techniques
- Transmitting data with publishers
- Consuming data with subscribers
- Publishing data
- Creating a simple Combine data stream
- Calling REST APIs
- Handling errors
- Using testing
- Managing threads with schedulers
- Throttling publisher data
- Leveraging advanced operators
Skill Level Advanced
1. Introduction to Combine
2. Combine Fundamentals
3. Work with REST APIs
4. Advanced Concepts
Go forth and code1m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.