Learn how to use Combine—Apple’s newest declarative framework—to request and process data to and from APIs and SwiftUI.
- Are you an iOS developer who creates highly interactive and engaging apps? If you are, you most likely deal with complex real-time events. Objective-C and even Swift were initially created for the imperative design where you connect buttons in your storyboard to your actions while having to deal with multi-threaded asynchronous code. In 2019, Apple announced a monumental shift in programming towards a more declarative programming mindset. Combine presents a paradigm shift in how you think about solving coding problems. The layer of abstraction helps you focus on the business logic of engagement, instead of the implementation details. Join me on this journey as we explore Combine for Swift in greater detail. From understanding the framework lifecycle to publishing, manipulating, and receiving data streams. I'm Doron Katz, a long time iOS engineer and advocate. Join me in my LinkedIn Learning course on how to power up your app with Combine.
- Functional reactive programming techniques
- Transmitting data with publishers
- Consuming data with subscribers
- Publishing data
- Creating a simple Combine data stream
- Calling REST APIs
- Handling errors
- Using testing
- Managing threads with schedulers
- Throttling publisher data
- Leveraging advanced operators