- As a first time developer, you're likely…to run into a coding problem that…you can't solve on your own.…Sometimes, you need a little extra help…in the form of prewritten code…that you can add to your project.…The Apple Developer library is a great…place to start looking for these blocks of code.…Within each topic, Apple includes sample code…indicated by a light blue background…and a different font than the rest of the article.…When you find what you're looking for,…you can copy a code sample from the browser…and paste it into an X code.…Apple also provides a rich set of links…to additional information and related code samples…for each topic.…
Often if you just take the time…to read through the topic, you'll find…what you're looking for.…Pretty much anything you can think of…can be done via code, but when you're…just starting out, you may not be able…to do it, for example, I want to develop a…long exposure calculator app for photographers.…It would help photographers know how…long their camera shutter needed to be open…
With over 15 years of experience in the software industry, Mike Wong reviews the tools, language choices, and high-level concepts behind iOS app development. Dive in and learn about storage requirements, interface design, and the tricks to promoting iOS apps in a crowded marketplace. In each video, Mike will point you to training videos, articles, and forums for learning more.
When you're done with this overview, make sure to subscribe to our curated playlist, Develop Apps for iPads and iPhones, which includes a selection of our most relevant iOS app development training.
- Acquiring the right tools for iOS app development
- Coding in Swift and Objective-C
- Working with Xcode
- Understanding app storage and project management
- Designing your app
- Promoting and marketing iOS apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 07/21/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: courses for learning Swift.