- Comparing OOP with POP
- Adopting a protocol
- Working with generic types
- Using generics with protocols
- Implementing an app using POP
- Integrating a fallback service
Skill Level Advanced
- Most software developers are familiar with object oriented programming concepts, but in Swift we can take a different approach. Protocol-oriented programming is a powerful paradigm that can simplify and improve the design of our systems considerably. Hello, I am Karoly Nyisztor. I have been developing software systems for more than two decades now, and I am passionate about Swift and IOS development. I have also authored several books and online courses. In this course, I provide an overview of the core protocol-oriented programming concepts, and I show you how to apply them effectively using hands-on coding examples. I am going to show you techniques that produce clean, flexible code and improved performance. We'll leverage the power of protocol orientation to trade in complex class hierarchies and unwanted legacies for loosely-coupled granular designs. We start by taking the deep dive into protocols, and the pillars of protocol-oriented programming. Then, we compare the object-oriented approach with the protocol-based way of designing software. We'll dedicate a chapter to generics. Generics walk hand-in-hand with protocols, and they are deeply-rooted in the language. Finally, we'll build a fully functional weather app using a protocol-oriented approach. To solidify what you learned from following along, I've included practical challenges and solutions. I'm really excited to share what I know about protocol-oriented programming with you. All right, let's get started!
Biometric Authentication for iOS in Swiftwith Bear Cahill43m 54s Intermediate
Blockchain Programming in iOS Using Swiftwith Mohammad Azam2h 15m Intermediate
Practical Design Patterns in Swiftwith Károly Nyisztor2h 35m Intermediate
1. The Pillars of Protocol Orientation
2. Protocol-Oriented Programming
4. Implement the Weather App Using POP
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.