Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Tableau Essential Training (2020.1).
- [Curt] Thanks again for your interest in this course. Before I go, I'd like to point you to some further resources that you can use to expand your knowledge of working with Tableau. First is the software company's website, Tableau.com, that's T, A, B, L, E, A, U.com. There you can find articles, support, and also download the software and any drivers that you need. Next there's a terrific book, and even though it's a few years out of date now, it still has terrific ideas for visualizing data, and that is "Tableau Your Data!" by Daniel G. Murray, and it is published by Wiley. Another terrific set of community resources are the Tableau Conferences. You can go to the Tableau Conference in the US, or the Tableau Conference in Europe. Go to Tableau.com, look for the community links, and you'll be able to get more information on the Tableau Conference and Tableau Conference Europe. Finally, there are Tableau user groups around the world. Again, you can find more information about that on the Tableau.com website. Tableau has a lot of enthusiastic users all around the world. You can learn quite a bit by going to a user group meeting. So if there's one near you, take the time and show up. Thanks again, and best of luck working with Tableau.
- Explain where a user would navigate to seek specific help in Tableau.
- Determine the best approach for using Excel in Tableau.
- Interpret how to use the features and functions of Tableau when creating charts.
- Describe how best to manage data in a worksheet or visualization.
- Explain how to create a selection filter for certain values.
- Explain how to manage data for different chart formats.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing Tableau
2. Managing Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Managing Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Creating Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyzing Data
6. Sorting and Filtering Tableau Data
7. Defining Groups and Sets
8. Creating and Pivoting Crosstabs
9. Creating Basic Visualizations
10. Formatting Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotating and Formatting Visualizations
12. Mapping Geographic Data
13. Creating Dashboards and Actions
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.