Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before starting, part of Tableau Essential Training (2020.1).
- [Instructor] Thanks again for your interest in Tableau. Before I jump into the course, I'd like to point out a few things that you should know to help you get the most out of your work. First is that you should have basic computer knowledge, opening files, using the mouse and keyboard, that sort of thing. I won't cover the very basics, but I will point out when you need to use skills such as right clicking or double-clicking. Next, it will certainly help to have experience with a spreadsheet program. If you've worked with Microsoft Excel before, for example, many of the techniques that I demonstrate here will be familiar to you. And finally, you should have a willingness to explore. Tableau is a flexible and powerful program and there's a lot you can do with it. So take your time, work through the course, and use what you learn here as a jumping off point so you can expand your own knowledge.
- Explain where a user would navigate to seek specific help in Tableau.
- Determine the best approach for using Excel in Tableau.
- Interpret how to use the features and functions of Tableau when creating charts.
- Describe how best to manage data in a worksheet or visualization.
- Explain how to create a selection filter for certain values.
- Explain how to manage data for different chart formats.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing Tableau
2. Managing Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Managing Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Creating Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyzing Data
6. Sorting and Filtering Tableau Data
7. Defining Groups and Sets
8. Creating and Pivoting Crosstabs
9. Creating Basic Visualizations
10. Formatting Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotating and Formatting Visualizations
12. Mapping Geographic Data
13. Creating Dashboards and Actions
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.