- Animating with blendshapes in Maya and C4D
- Animating with rigged geometry in Maya and C4D
- Exporting FBX files from Maya and C4D
- Importing FBX files into UE4
- Building basic dynamics setups in Maya and C4D
- Exporting Alembic files from Maya and C4D
- Importing Alembic files into UE4
- Creating basic camera animation using the Sequencer in UE4
Skill Level Advanced
- [Scott] I'm Scott Pagano and in this course, we're going to take a look at a variety of animation techniques we can use to create assets in Maya and Cinema 4D for then import into Unreal. We're going to look at blend shapes which is a way to create morph states between different objects. We're going to take a look at some basic rigging which is usually used for character animation but we can also use it to animate any sort of arbitrary geometry that a rig would support. And then finally, we're going to take a look at creating an Alembic file that we then important into Unreal. Each animation technique has its advantages for different kinds of assets.
Some are more efficient to import and some are more easy to create. Finally, we're going to bring everything together in Unreal and we're going to show how to create a camera animation in the Unreal sequencer and render that out as a really nice final video file. So let's get started.