Learn how to script the launching of containers using a Docker file. See options to launch more than one application in a new container, apply updates, and more.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course,…we have launched containers from…images saved on the host machine.…Early on in the course, we looked…at the docker commit command as…a way to create a new image based…on changes we've made in a container from previous.…This allowed us to build, tweak, and…update our images until they were just right.…Docker has another feature that allows…us to create a text file that can…be used to start the containers themselves…with a little more consistency.…
This file is called dockerfile.…One of the best ways to get familiar…with dockerfile is to take a look…at some samples, and on GitHub,…there are several dockerfile examples.…Here I am inside the MicrosoftDocs repository…of Windows container samples.…Let's take a quick look at one of these posted by Microsoft.…PowerShellDSC with iis should give us a good starting point.…Inside this link, we'll find a handful…of files that have been posted to be…shared and to be learned from.…
I'm going to go ahead and select…the dockerfile so that we can see what's in it.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Physical host environments
- Virtual host environments
- Installing and creating Windows containers
- Creating Hyper-V containers
- Creating, tagging, and pushing images
- Removing images
- Configuring startup options
- Working with PowerShell, Docker daemon, and Azure
- Managing container networking
- Managing data volumes, resources, and repositories
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Host Preparation
2. Working with Images
3. Container Management Environments
PowerShell containers module2m 58s
4. Managing Container Resources
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.