Explore Active Directory-based activation of Windows so that computers connected to a domain can activate automatically during the setup process. Clients stay activated as long as they are part of the domain and that domain relies on volume licensing to maintain activation status across the organization. Active Directory-based activation is a role service.
- [Instructor] You know that Windows installations … need to be activated when they're put into use. … Thus, when large companies opt for mass deployments, … activating these installations must be part … of the deployment solution. … One way to activate new Windows clients … is to use Active Directory-based activation. … With this method, … volume licensing clients get activated … and stay activated as long as they're part of the domain … and check in with the domain controller periodically. … This makes managing activation easier … for those users that aren't connected locally … when they initialize their machines. … Active Directory-based activation is implemented … as a role service on a computer … running Windows Server 2012 or 2012 R2. … But after the schema is updated, … older domain controllers can activate clients as well. … Another requirement for Active Directory activation … is to update the forest schema … by running Adprep.exe on the computer. … This is a command-line tool. …
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing and upgrading Windows 10
- Troubleshooting group policies on devices
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
Setting up Windows1m 28s
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure Devices by Using Local Policies
4. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
5. Perform Post Installation Tasks
6. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.