The directory on a Microsoft operating system is Active Directory, AD, which is a database of objects that stores, organizes, and enables access to other objects.
- [Narrator] A directory service allows information … to be stored, classified, and retrieved. … The directory in a Microsoft operating system … is Active Directory. … Active Directory is a database of objects … that stores, organizes, and enables access to other objects. … Active Directory also provides … essential networking services, … such as DNS and Kerberos based authentication. … Now if we take a look at this, … this illustrates the Active Directory structure. … At the top of the structure is called the forest. … A tree is formed with a collection of … domains and sub-domains. … Now the domain is the core of a Windows network. … The first domain created at the top of the directory … is the root. … Successive domains beneath that are referred to … as child domains that have their own unique name. … A domain controller is a Windows server … that stores a copy of all the information on the objects … within the domain. … Domain controllers are essential … as they accept requests for changes to the database …
- Define “passphrase.”
- Recall the purpose of multifactor authentication.
- Identify the tool used in today’s Windows operating systems to secure the file system.
- Explain what happens when a file is moved into a folder with permissions.
- Name the authentication protocol used in Active Directory.
- Recognize the location of the audit logs.
- Summarize the purpose of hardening.
- Explain the purpose of cryptographic techniques.
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 35m Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Understand User Authentication
2. Understand Permissions
3. Dissecting Audit Policies
4. Server Protection
5. Providing email protection
6. Understand Encryption
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.