Explore viewing update history and pausing of Windows Updates.
- [Instructor] Let's drop onto our demo pc…and take a look at the Windows update feature in Windows 10.…To open the Windows update, I'll click start and then…settings and then choose update security.…On the Windows update screen, we can see the update status.…This confirms that the device is up to date…and was last checked today, we can manually force…a check by clicking the check for updates.…A new Windows defender, anti virus definition has been…found and this is downloaded and automatically installed.…
We can use the view install update history to open…a new window to view the update details.…Deep date name, a number and if the…update had been successfully applied.…Notice that the updates are filtered by…feature updates and quality updates.…And then sorted by date order.…If you ever wanted to know what was inside…a quality update or a feature update,…simply click the link and view the information.…
For the quality updates, we're redirected…to a support.microsoft.com website…where we can see the key changes included in the update.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.