Choose what notifications you receive from the Notification area and the Lock screen. Choose if applications can notify you when events occur or when updates are available. Enable or disable notifications from alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls.
- [Narrator] You'll likely get a lot of notifications … from Windows 10. … You can get notified when new emails arrive, … when apps need updates, … and when Windows needs to warn you about something, … like a backup drive that's getting full, for instance. … You might see notifications that offer tips … on how to use Windows more effectively, too. … Some of these updates and notifications … you might find useful, but others maybe not so much. … Whatever the case, you can control … what notifications you see. … There's several places to do this. … One's in Control Panel and another in Settings. … Let's take a look at Control Panel first. … I'll type that in the Task Bar and click it in the results. … Click Review your computer's status … underneath System and Security. … Now click Change security, and Maintenance Settings. … Go ahead and make any changes you desire here, … and then click Okay and Close control panel. … I'll deselect Work Folders and Storage Spaces. … Now let's look at some of the other options from Settings. …
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing and upgrading Windows 10
- Troubleshooting group policies on devices
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
Setting up Windows1m 28s
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure Devices by Using Local Policies
4. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
5. Perform Post Installation Tasks
6. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.