Get an introduction and demonstration of the Windows 10 Diagnostic tool and reporting.
- [Lecturer] Let's take a look…at how to run a diagnostic report…using the Performance Monitor tool.…I'll click the Start menu and search for Performance…and then select the Performance Monitor desktop app.…On the left hand side, I'll navigate to Data Collector Sets…and then System, and then System Diagnostic.…On the toolbar at the top, I'll then click the Start icon…to begin the data collection process.…
The data collection will take 60 seconds…and we can see the plate icon has now appeared…and this will be replaced by an hourglass icon…to show that the data is being collected.…Once completed, the icon will change…and we can now view the report.…I'll navigate to the Report section…and then expand the System folder.…On the System Diagnostics…we can see the report on the right hand side.…
I'll double click Report…and we can see the Systems Diagnostics Report.…I'll scroll through the report and we can see…various Issues, Errors and Warnings displayed.…In the Basic System Checks we can use the Plus item…to drill down into Failed items.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.