Learn how to find a driver from a manufacturer and download it. Once downloaded, if applicable, use the tools in File Explorer to extract the driver files. Use the Add Hardware Wizard to import the driver package into the Driver Store. Note the location of the driver store. Explore the PowerShell command pnputil.exe for managing device drivers.
- [Instructor] Most of the time, … when you connect a new device, … Windows will search its local library of device drivers, … and install it automatically. … You'll know this is happening because a prompt will appear, … informing you of the status of the installation. … If Windows can't find the driver it needs there, … it'll look to Windows Update. … Generally Windows find and installs the appropriate driver, … and all's well. … On occasion, though, this won't work, … and you'll have to locate the driver manually, … download it, and possibly extract its files, … and then even add it to the local driver store on your PC. … While that might seem like a lot of steps, it really isn't, … especially if I break it down … so that we're looking at it one step at a time. … Let me show an example. … I'm going to manually install an audio driver. … I need to do this, … because the driver that's currently installed … either isn't working, or isn't compatible with my device, … and I've discovered through a little research …
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing and upgrading Windows 10
- Troubleshooting group policies on devices
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
Setting up Windows1m 28s
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure Devices by Using Local Policies
4. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
5. Perform Post Installation Tasks
6. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.