- Explain the main elements of the CIA triad: confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Differentiate between risks, threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Identify ways to minimize the various attack surfaces.
- Recognize the different types of malware.
- List several good practice techniques to avoid malware
- Understand how to manage cookies when using a browser.
- Discuss methods to ensure safe browsing habits.
- Summarize the various ways to secure your Wi-Fi connection.
- Cite the differences between public and private key encryption.
- Outline common cryptographic techniques used to secure digital data.
Skill Level Beginner
- [Lisa] Everyday we interact with our digital devices to shop, search, bank, and communicate with others. At the same time, we're faced with the threat of cyber attacks that can compromise our privacy and security. By reviewing the effects of malware on a system, we'll see some of the strategies malicious actors use to get into your system. Then we'll take a look at safe browsing techniques and help you decide what type of cookies to accept. We'll finish with an overview of mobile and wireless security and cover some best practices to secure your devices and applications. You'll have a better understanding of how to keep you and your family safe from cyber threats. Hello, I'm Lisa Bock, and I'm a security ambassador. Are you ready? Let's get started.