Learn how KMS activation works in a domain environment to automatically activate Windows with minimal administrative effort once configured. Learn what types of computers can serve as KMS hosts and how to input keys and configure the service as applicable.
- [Instructor] Windows installations need … to be activated when they are put into use. … Thus, when large companies opt for mass deployments, … activating these installations must be part of the solution. … One way to activate new Windows clients … is to use volume activation. … Volume activation lets volume licensing … customers automatically activate Windows clients. … When the company also implements a key management service … or KMS, solution activation can be achieved in-house. … Operating systems and Microsoft Office … products can also be activated. … To implement a KMS solution, … the organization must have a combination of … at least five computers … or virtual machines to activate Windows Server 2012 … or 25 to activate client computers running Windows 10. … These are called activation thresholds. … When planning for KMS, companies can use one machine … for the host, but they often use two for redundancy. … That host can be a client or server machine. … Computers will connect every 180 days …
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing and upgrading Windows 10
- Troubleshooting group policies on devices
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
Setting up Windows1m 28s
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure Devices by Using Local Policies
4. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
5. Perform Post Installation Tasks
6. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.