Explore maintaining Windows 10 files, disks, and applications, including how to defrag and scan a disk.
- [Instructor] Every year, my family car gets…an annual service by a qualified mechanic.…This involves a 60 point check, an oil change,…and any repairs or renewals that are required.…Without this, I could probably run the car…for several years, and all will be well.…But over prolonged time, the engine would become damaged,…and potentially more things would break.…Imagine if the car could do…its own servicing and maintenance.…Well, unlike previous versions of Windows,…Windows 10 uses automated scheduled tasks…to do a lot of the maintenance automatically.…
Some of the regular maintenance tasks…that we had to perform on earlier versions of Windows…are now taken care of automatically.…These include Windows security and feature updates,…disk defragmentation, and disk error checking.…Let's take a look at why these are important.…Like all applications, Windows 10 needs to be kept updated.…Updates allow Microsoft to patch bugs and vulnerabilities…that have been discovered in the operating system.…They also allow new malware definition files to be applied,…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.