Review Windows Defender and explore scan options, updates, quarantined items, and history.
- [Instructor] Imagine a scenario.…It's just about lunchtime…and an end user accidentally downloads some malware…and this infects their PC.…Perhaps it gets worse,…where several PCs on your network…are then infected.…You can assume that the whole IT team…will be taking a very late lunch.…The current threat landscape for malware attacks…is huge…and it continues to get more threatening…on a daily basis.…Alongside the end user education…about what is safe and what is not safe to download,…you also need to use some form…of anti-malware protection.…
This needs to be able to block attacks,…scan for malicious downloads…executables as well as automatically…keeping the anti-malware definitions up to date.…You can use third party anti-malware tools,…but Windows 10 offers Windows Defender.…Windows Defender is a realtime anti-malware system…built into Windows 10.…Protecting users against malware…is a huge priority for Microsoft.…When you're using Windows 10,…you need to feel safe and therefore…they have made Windows Defender…very, very good at protecting Windows 10 from malware.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.