Review the file systems including FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, and ReFS.
- [Instructor] Let's now turn to how…to troubleshoot hard drives and partitions…and also see how to use virtual hard drives in Windows 10.…All storage in a PC including hard disks, USB drives,…and even SD cards need to be partitioned…before we can use them.…A drive can contain several partitions,…but there must be at least one.…In order to save anything on a drive,…you must first create a partition which then needs…to be formatted with a file system such as NTFS.…
If your requirements change or for example,…you originally set up your new laptop…with a small C drive partition, you are now able…to re-size partitions within Windows…to make them smaller or larger, as required.…Similarly to previous versions of Windows,…Windows 10 allows you to group together drives…to operate as mirrored copies of each other…or set up spam drives.…Whilst this is possible, it's quite rare to see in practice.…If you want this level of custom drive configuration…such as mirrored disks, my recommendation is…to use a motherboard that offers RAID…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.