A DNS PTR record is a reverse lookup which maps the IP address to the name. PTR records are used as another method for spam filters to determine the legitimacy of an email.
- [Teacher] Domain Name System maps a host name … to an IP address. … It's essential on any network. … DNS records are also important for email delivery … and spam protection. … In order to properly send and receive email, … it's important for proper DNS configuration … so that other mail servers can send mail … to your users and other mail servers … will trust you to receive your mail. … DNS has several records. … When dealing with email, here are a few. … An A record maps a name … to an IPv4 address. … A AAAA record maps a name … to an IPv6 address. … An MX record is the mail exchange record … for the server that accepts email messages for a domain. … A PTR record is a reverse lookup … which maps the IP address to the name. … PTR records are important for email delivery … and are another tool for spam filters. … Some mail servers will not allow an email … to come from a server unless they can perform … a reverse DNS lookup. … The reason is that spammers will most likely … use a bogus domain name …
- Define “passphrase.”
- Recall the purpose of multifactor authentication.
- Identify the tool used in today’s Windows operating systems to secure the file system.
- Explain what happens when a file is moved into a folder with permissions.
- Name the authentication protocol used in Active Directory.
- Recognize the location of the audit logs.
- Summarize the purpose of hardening.
- Explain the purpose of cryptographic techniques.
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 35m Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Understand User Authentication
2. Understand Permissions
3. Dissecting Audit Policies
4. Server Protection
5. Providing email protection
6. Understand Encryption
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.