Learn how to perform upgrades using tools such as MDT, WDS, ADK, and more.
- [Instructor] So you purchased Windows 10 … and you have your Windows 10 installation files … and are ready to perform an in-place upgrade. … An in-place upgrade doesn't require you … to create installation media. … You can use the installation files you downloaded … when you purchased Windows 10. … As you can see here, … I have a Windows 8.1 Professional machine. … I'm going to upgrade it to Windows 10 Professional. … To get started, I'll go to the desktop, … I'll open file explorer, … and I'll locate the downloads folder. … This is where I have my files for Windows 10, … and I'll double click. … I'll double click setup, click yes, … and we should get started. … The first screen you'll see is about getting updates, … drivers, and optional features. … That's going to make the installation … take a lot longer than we want it to. … I'm going to suggest that you leave this selected, … but I'm going to go ahead and choose not right now … just to speed things up, and I'll click next. … Now we can choose our operating system. …
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing and upgrading Windows 10
- Troubleshooting group policies on devices
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
Setting up Windows1m 28s
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure Devices by Using Local Policies
4. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
5. Perform Post Installation Tasks
6. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.