Lisa Bock covers RADIUS, Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service, a protocol that provides authentication and authorization.
- [Instructor] When providing access control … to external users, we have some choices. … One choice is decentralized access control. … Access control that is decentralized gives control … of the access to the people who are closest to the resource. … Decentralized access control, however, … has no method for consisting control. … On an enterprise network, you'll most likely use … centralized access control. … This gives a single centralized entity the ability … to oversee access to the corporate resources, … and provides a consistent and uniform method … of controlling access. … One of the methods we could use for access control … when having users from the outside come in is RADIUS. … RADIUS is Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service. … The term dial-in is used because this protocol was developed … in the late '90s. … Regardless, RADIUS is still a great protocol, … as it provides authentication and authorization … and is what is considered a client/server model, … whereby a network access server is a client …
- Define “passphrase.”
- Recall the purpose of multifactor authentication.
- Identify the tool used in today’s Windows operating systems to secure the file system.
- Explain what happens when a file is moved into a folder with permissions.
- Name the authentication protocol used in Active Directory.
- Recognize the location of the audit logs.
- Summarize the purpose of hardening.
- Explain the purpose of cryptographic techniques.
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 35m Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Understand User Authentication
2. Understand Permissions
3. Dissecting Audit Policies
4. Server Protection
5. Providing email protection
6. Understand Encryption
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.