Explore how to troubleshoot a non-bootable PC and demonstrate booting to Safe Mode.
- [Narrator] Safe Mode allows you to boot a PC…into a very basic state.…Rather than all the components of the PC,…such as all the drivers, files, and peripherals,…being connected during the boot procedure,…Safe Mode just uses a limited set of drivers and files.…This mode is useful if you believe that something…like a faulty device driver, or software application,…is causing Windows to become unstable.…By eliminating as many variables as possible…during the bootup phase, you can determine…if the issue is related to a driver,…and then if necessary, replace or rollback the driver.…
We can use Safe Mode to identify…and fix hardware and driver issues.…Whilst in Safe Mode, you can also scan for malware,…uninstall software components,…update hardware drivers, perform a System Restore,…and troubleshoot why a PC has become a non-booting PC.…If a PC keeps crashing and blue-screening,…then using Safe Mode may be the best way…to troubleshoot and get things working again.…One of the most common applications of Safe Mode…is to remove and replace a device driver.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.