Get an introduction and demonstration of the Steps Recorder tool.
- [Instructor] Another tool,…which a lot of technicians love,…is the steps recorder.…It's one of my favorites.…Sometimes, it can be hard to pinpoint…the exact cause of a PC problem.…Especially when the end user experiencing the problem…may lack the technical knowledge…to accurately describe what happens when the problem occurs.…Windows 10 includes a tool called steps recorder…or problem steps recorder,…which can help with such cases.…Effectively, it's a key logger,…screen capture, and annotation tool.…
When run, Windows can record the exact actions…or steps taken which caused the problem.…The recording of those steps can then be saved…and sent to anyone, such as the help desk,…and they can then use it to diagnose the problem.…Let's take a look.…I'm on the end user machine,…who's experiencing a problem.…The end user has been asked by the IT support…to recreate the steps that caused the problem…and also record the steps for them to use.…First, I'll click Start and launch the program.…
I'll type "PSR" for problem steps recorder…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.