Review the essential traits of an Enterprise desktop support technician.
- [Instructor] Not just anyone can provide…desktop support within an enterprise.…There are certain qualities that are needed…by the members of your desktop support team…in order to provide effective support.…The most obvious one is technical knowledge.…Desktop support technicians need to be adept…at fixing problems with hardware and software,…and also have a genuine interest…in working with the technology, too.…They should have a thirst to learn about new technology…and be able to explain technical concepts to end users,…who usually have little or no technical knowledge.…
In addition to the technical skills,…they also need soft skills.…This includes good customer service skills…and a desire to want to help people.…When an end user asks for help,…they may be upset or stressed.…For example, they may have deadlines to meet…and their computer is blue-screening.…You need to be sympathetic, empathetic,…and remain calm and professional,…whilst efficiently helping the user.…Often, support staff get a huge sense of satisfaction…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.