Review the Application Compatibility Toolkit including how shims are used.
- [Instructor] When a user reports…that their app has crashed,…there is normally something else that is…happening on the device that is causing the problem.…In practice, apps that normally work…rarely fail in isolation,…and it's your job to troubleshoot the issue…and find out what the problem is.…In an earlier video, I showed the Reliability Monitor,…and this tool is especially useful…when troubleshooting apps that keep failing.…The Reliability Monitor is a relatively new tool…that tracks your Windows 10 PC…and measures system history and stability.…
It does this for applications and the Windows system,…and specifically captures information relating…to app and device driver failures.…You can use the application information…to view app failures and errors.…For example, you might see a persistent Outlook error…whereby Outlook keeps crashing.…Tracing this back in time,…you may find that there was a recent Outlook update.…Since then, the app has become unstable.…In the Reliability Monitor in the error narrative,…you should install the hot fix to cure the problem.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.