Troubleshoot folder sharing and access problems. Explore how to reset NTFS permissions on files and folders.
- [Instructor] It's important to keep devices…and data secure to ensure…that the correct people are accessing the correct data…while still allowing resources to be shared.…We've seen how to secure files and folders using encryption,…using either EFS or BitLocker, however,…many organizations don't like to implement encryption…and BitLocker does not protect files…once the operating system has been successfully booted.…There are several ways in which we can use NTFS…to restrict access to individual files…and folders by setting permissions.…
If these are configured incorrectly,…they can cause you to lose access…or give access to unauthorized people.…Let's take a look at some of the main areas…to consider when using NTFS file and folder permissions.…We'll cover setting permissions,…using inheritance, using advanced NTFS permissions,…and taking ownership of files.…Each user account can have access…to objects such as printers, files, and folders on a PC…or over the network.…
The object permissions are set by an administrator…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.