Lisa Bock covers the importance of using Run As only when performing administrative tasks, as this can help prevent malicious software from being installed on or making changes to your computer.
- [Teacher] To ensure system security, … you should separate roles and privileges … and enforce granular control … that includes people and processes. … For example, the role of email administrator … should be separate from the role of system administrator … even if they're the same person. … That includes separate login and role-based permissions. … We have separate accounts for separate roles … so that any tasks are performed … using the rule of least privilege. … Using the role of administrator should be used … only when acting as an administrator. … The reasoning behind this is simple. … While in the role of administrator, … you can do anything to the system. … While any administrative tasks are done … to improve the system or change the settings … for better functionality, … there are times that you might do something accidentally, … such as delete folders or files, … or change the system integrity in a negative way. … For example, while surfing the net, … you might get a drive-by malware attack. …
- Define “passphrase.”
- Recall the purpose of multifactor authentication.
- Identify the tool used in today’s Windows operating systems to secure the file system.
- Explain what happens when a file is moved into a folder with permissions.
- Name the authentication protocol used in Active Directory.
- Recognize the location of the audit logs.
- Summarize the purpose of hardening.
- Explain the purpose of cryptographic techniques.
Skill Level Beginner
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 35m Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Understand User Authentication
2. Understand Permissions
3. Dissecting Audit Policies
4. Server Protection
5. Providing email protection
6. Understand Encryption
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.