Remove unwanted files and folders from devices using the Recycle Bin and Disk Cleanup Wizard tools.
- [Instructor] My family car gets used every day,…this could be for the school run, shopping trips…and even excursions to the seaside.…Every now and then I need to give it a quick clean up…and remove sweet wrappers and plastic bottles and such like.…It's good to give the car a clean out every month…as it looks better and makes me feel better.…I doubt the performance improves much,…but it's still a worthwhile exercise.…If you fancy a bit of spring cleaning on your hard drive…you can use the built in tool…called the disk cleanup wizard.…
The tool will check, clean and unclutter…your hard drive by deleting temporary files,…emptying the recycle bin and removing old, unused files.…You can run the tool in either user or system mode.…The user options allow you to remove…unnecessary user items, and the system options…allow you to remove unwanted system items.…The tool is quite basic but it works well,…and will certainly free up space that your system can use.…Let's drop onto our demo PC and take a look…at the disk cleanup tool.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.