In this video, learn how to link text in a Word document to an external data source. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to insert text as an object in a Word document, and then link the inserted text back to the data source. Learn that you can link any da
- [Instructor] It makes sense…when working with large documents…to link information to an external source…instead of copying and pasting the text into your document.…Using this option will embed the document…in your destination file,…and will keep the file size more manageable.…And you can do this section by section…or chapter by chapter.…Any way you want to split up the document.…In this video I will show you…how to insert text as a linked object…that will display the actual text right in your document.…I'll also show you how you can…insert the text as an object…but just display an icon so that a user can…click on that icon to open the document…to view the contents.…
We'll be working with two documents during this exercise.…The 02_06 LinkData…and, let me switch windows here…the 02_06 Locations document.…Now scrolling through our Locations document…you can see there's a description…for each of our locations, along with photographs.…And photographs can take up…quite a bit of space in your document.…So this is a great example of when we should…
To begin, Jennifer provides an overview of the certification program. She then walks through all of the certification objectives, including how to get hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents. She concludes the course with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-426, and shares solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Identify situations in which the Combine Documents tool would be appropriate.
- Tell how to locate the Styles Organizer.
- Summarize the steps taken to add a subdocument to a master document.
- Explain how to create a hyperlink to a bookmark.
- Recall the purpose of a Table of Figures.
- Recognize the purpose of the Accessibility Checker.
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Documents
3. Design Advanced Documents
4. Create Advanced References
5. Custom Word Elements
6. Final Challenge
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.