One really important thing to know about Office 2016 is that Microsoft plans to update these applications constantly. And we’re not just talking about security and bug fixes. Ever since the original release of these applications, we’ve seen major features rolled out to Word and the other office applications through updates. You should be aware that Word will change over time. Also, you should know how to run updates to make sure you always have the newest set of features.
- [Voiceover] One really important thing to know about…Office 2016 is that Microsoft plans…to update these applications constantly.…We're not just talking about simple security and bug fixes.…Even since the original release of these…applications, we've seen major features rolled…out to Word and the other Office…applications through updates.…On one hand, it's important to keep in mind…that sometimes you'll see things in Word…on your computer that look a little different…from our training courses simply because…things have changed in an update.…But also, you should make you keep Word and the…other Office applications updated so that you…always have the newest set of features.…
Let's go through the different versions of Word…and make sure you know how to keep them updated.…We'll start here on Windows.…Now on Windows you can install updates from within…the application or you can have Windows itself…update the application automatically.…To get into the settings I need, I'm not gonna…find what I want here on the start screen.…
Note: These tutorials apply to both the Windows and Mac versions of Word 2016.
- Recognize what the default font size option allows you to do.
- Identify the best way to run updates for Word.
- Recall where you should apply a drop cap for effect.
- Name the option you should use if you need to count the spaces between words in a document.
- Identify how to keep the spell-checker from becoming a nuisance while working on a document.
- Explain when you should compress all of the pictures in your document.