Learn how to leverage templates in Microsoft Word to both save time and to give documents a more professional appearance.
- [Gini] Every Word document starts with a template. By building your own templates, you give yourself a headstart because every document begins with structure and formatting already in place so you can focus on creating quality content. Templates enforce consistency. Every document created with the same template will have the same layout, formatting, and any content you chose to include, and you can share the templates you create, saving time not just for yourself, but for your entire team or organization. I'm Gini von Courter. If you are or aspire to be a Word power user or are simply looking for best practices in document creation, you're in the right place. Please join me for this exploration of templates in Microsoft Word.
- Saving time with templates
- Creating a new document from a template
- Finding and downloading templates
- Customizing and saving templates
- Creating a new template
- Converting an existing document to a template
- Sharing and distributing templates
- Advanced templates and features
- Adding building blocks to templates
- Allowing user choice with a content control
- Using field codes in templates