Learn how to set advanced footnote options and how to insert a source citation. Learn how to insert footnotes and select a number format, set the number value, and how to choose whether the numbering is continuous or starts over per section. Jen also demo
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to talk…about how to use two advanced reference options.…We'll first insert a footnote and then take a look…at all of your footnote formatting options…and then we'll insert a citation.…Once we have our citation inserted,…we'll create a bibliography.…We're working with the 04 04 Advanced…Reference Options document so let's get started…and put some references in.…Let's first scroll down to page two…where we see our first reference to Willow Farm.…
I'd look to put a footnote in that says…Willow Farm began operating in 1791.…So I'll click after our first reference…to Willow Farm, go to my References tab,…and click Insert Footnote in my footnotes group.…Now two things happened when I clicked Insert Footnote.…It inserted a superscript one right next…to my reference and then if I scroll down,…I am ready to type in my footnote information.…
So there's my first footnote.…I'm going to take you into the footnote option…so you can see all the options you have available…when you're inserting footnotes.…
To begin, Jennifer provides an overview of the certification program. She then walks through all of the certification objectives, including how to get hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents. She concludes the course with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-426, and shares solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Identify situations in which the Combine Documents tool would be appropriate.
- Tell how to locate the Styles Organizer.
- Summarize the steps taken to add a subdocument to a master document.
- Explain how to create a hyperlink to a bookmark.
- Recall the purpose of a Table of Figures.
- Recognize the purpose of the Accessibility Checker.
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Documents
3. Design Advanced Documents
4. Create Advanced References
5. Custom Word Elements
6. Final Challenge
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.