- Disabling the Start screen
- Setting a default font for new documents
- Working with website links
- Using spelling and proofing tools
- Showing nonprinting characters
- Compressing pictures to decrease file size
- Locking a document to restrict editing
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Nick] Microsoft Word is a very big application with lots of features. I don't think I've ever met anybody who uses every feature in Word, but that means there are lots of little things that most people don't know about that might be very useful in your workflow. I'm Nick Brazzi, and I've put together a training course on LinkedIn Learning with a collection of my favorite features in Word that most people have probably missed. These tips will help you change how Word behaves when you launch it or start a new document, and they will help you format your text in your documents the way you want.
You'll also see lots of specific tools that let you add special content into a document. I'm willing to bet that you'll find at least a handful of new tricks in this course that will help you work faster in Microsoft Word.