In this video, explore how social networks pull in titles, descriptions, and images.
- [Instructor] Let's go ahead and add something … that's not technically related to SEO, … but the technology is so similar … that it's usually included in SEO plugins. … We'll go to the feature manager, … and we're going to turn on Social Meta. … I'll click Activate, and over here on the left, … we now see Social Meta. … Let's click that. … This adds meta information, … so social media sites know exactly … which image and title to use when someone … shares your content on their platform. … Specifying a title, description, … and image for social media sites … is very similar to setting one for SEO. … For social media, there's a special … format called Open Graph, and the settings on this page … will add all of the Open Graph tags on your pages. … There are a ton of settings here, … and I'm not going to cover every single one. … For the most part, social media sites do a decent job. … We're just going to help them out when it's ambiguous. … Let's jump to the most useful section. … That's the one down here, about images. …
- Keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Installing Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. All in One SEO Pack
3. WordPress SEO by Yoast
4. WordPress SEO by Yoast Settings
5. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.