Comments are how visitors communicate with you and discuss what you share. They can be enabled or disabled in Discussion settings and managed from the Comments tab. Activate the Akismet plugin for spam management.
- [Instructor] As you build out your site,…and start accumulating content and users,…and comments, and everything else,…you will need to manage that content…and interact with that content,…both in the frontend and the backend,…and WordPress does everything in its power…to make that process easy as possible.…What you've already seen, when we looked at users…and comments, is that WordPress gives you these index pages…where you can see all the available users,…and all the available comments, and everything else,…and that carries through to every type of content…within WordPress.…For example, I've installed a bunch of new posts…into this site, so I can demonstrate…how this works properly, and here you see the post index.…
This is a reverse chronological list…of every single post published on the site.…If I go to the page index, you see the same thing,…a reverse chronological list of every page…ever published on the site.…All these index pages on the backend work exactly the same…and have pretty much the same features,…
- Adjusting settings
- Changing discussion and privacy settings
- Using the Customizer to adjust site identity and visuals
- Creating and customizing menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Extending WordPress with plugins
- Adding and managing users
- Managing comments and spam
- WordPress security and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
How WordPress works1m 47s
2. Configuration with the Customizer
3. Extending WordPress with Plugins
5. Security and Maintenance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.