You can set the language of your WordPress installation during install or at any time via Settings > General > Language.
- [Instructor] The default language of WordPress…is American English…but it ships with over 180 different locales,…language packages allowing WordPress…to talk to you in your own language.…When you first installed WordPress,…the very first screen in the installation process…is the Site Language Setting.…If you set a language here,…the rest of the process and WordPress Admin…will be configured using that language…and your site will also register on the web…as being written in whatever language it shows here…but what if you didn't set a language…during the installation?…Maybe you used a wizard that didn't give you that option,…maybe someone else set up the site for you,…maybe the language was already set previously…or you need to change the language at a later date.…
In all of these scenarios,…you can change the language of your site…from Settings in General…by scrolling down to the Site Language option.…Here you get the same dropdown menu…with all the different locales available…for WordPress and selecting any one of them…
- Adjusting settings
- Changing discussion and privacy settings
- Using the Customizer to adjust site identity and visuals
- Creating and customizing menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Extending WordPress with plugins
- Adding and managing users
- Managing comments and spam
- WordPress security and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
How WordPress works1m 47s
2. Configuration with the Customizer
3. Extending WordPress with Plugins
5. Security and Maintenance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.