In this video, discover the key ingredients to SEO.
- [Instructor] A good place for us to start … is by defining exactly what we mean by SEO. … SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization … and the goal of that is to leverage … both the technical aspects of your site … as well as create the strategies … to rank higher in search engines. … Let's take a look at a search page. … For our course, we'll be optimizing a cake store website. … So let's use the search term cake delivery. … We'll type this into Google … and now Google and any other search engine … will always fill the results page … with what it takes is most relevant. … So up top here we have some sponsored ads. … We can click through them. … We might be able to see more or less. … If we scroll a bit further down, … we'll see the local results which show us some local stores. … For each of these results, … we'll see a distance, … a rating, … a description and an image of that store. … This information is usually called microdata. … And if you configure your site correctly, … you can make sure that search engines …
- Keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Installing Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. All in One SEO Pack
3. WordPress SEO by Yoast
4. WordPress SEO by Yoast Settings
5. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.