In this video, install and configure the AMP plugin.
- [Narrator] To configure your site for AMP, … almost all of the work is taken care of by the AMP plugin. … This is created and actively maintained by Automatic, … the people behind Wordpress.com. … And since they're using it on Wordpress.com, … and sharing it with the rest of the Wordpress community, … it is a top-notch plugin. … They make a lot of smart decisions for you, … so you can just install it. … Let's go to our admin, go to plugins, add new, … but search for AMP, and you want to make sure … that you use the one from Wordpress.com. … Click Install Now, and activate. … This plugin does some behind the scenes work … with our permalinks, to create AMP versions … of all of our pages. … Let's go AMP in the menu to see those settings. … I see AMP, and I'll click that. … I'll dismiss this notice, and we'll … get rid of this giant banner. … Here we can select native, paired, or classic. … If you're using one of the default themes … that come with Wordpress, or a theme that's … been invented by the AMP team, …
- Keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Installing Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. All in One SEO Pack
3. WordPress SEO by Yoast
4. WordPress SEO by Yoast Settings
5. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.