The Site Health panel gives you a full overview of the health of WordPress, its plugins and themes, configuration settings, and the server environment it is placed within.
- [Instructor] An essential part of site administration … is being aware of the health of the site. … And as of WordPress 5.2, there is a dedicated Site Health … panel in WordPress Admin, giving you … a full breakdown of the health … of both the site itself and the server environment … it lives in. … That panel is found under Tools, and Site Health. … From here, you get the current status … of your site, giving the site a score … from zero to 100, in my case, (mumbles) 60%, … and providing lists of critical issues, … recommended improvements, and also past tests. … Each of these sections can be further broken down … so you can see exactly what is being flagged. … So for example, on this demo site I have set up here, … I have some critical issues. … You can see WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE has been disabled … on the site. … I think this is because this particular site … is using an external management tool … to manage updates, but if you see this, … you probably need to do some configuration settings. …
- Adjusting settings
- Changing discussion and privacy settings
- Using the Customizer to adjust site identity and visuals
- Creating and customizing menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Extending WordPress with plugins
- Adding and managing users
- Managing comments and spam
- WordPress security and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
How WordPress works1m 47s
2. Configuration with the Customizer
3. Extending WordPress with Plugins
5. Security and Maintenance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.