Permalink settings allow you to control what the permalink (URL) structure on the site looks like. Permalinks can be based on standardized templates or customized to suit specific needs.
- [Morten] The next option on the Settings list is Media,…and here you can set the default image sizes for your site;…however, these settings are truly legacy settings.…They no longer really have any relevance…to how your site works, so therefore,…you should just ignore all these settings completely.…Never touch them.…They have nothing to do with how the modern web works.…Instead go down to the Permalinks settings,…which is actually very important.…Permalinks are what you see in the URL,…anytime you go to a post or a page on your site.…Let me show you what I mean.…
If I go to this site right now,…I just have this Hello world! default post,…and if I go to the Hello world! default post,…you can see the URL to it is my site URL…plus the year it was posted,…the month it was posted, the date it was posted,…and then the name of the post with a hyphen there…because you can't have spaces in URLs.…The permalinks settings control what these URLs look like,…so here you can see examples of different types of URLs.…This is important for a myriad of reasons.…
- Adjusting settings
- Changing discussion and privacy settings
- Using the Customizer to adjust site identity and visuals
- Creating and customizing menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Extending WordPress with plugins
- Adding and managing users
- Managing comments and spam
- WordPress security and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
How WordPress works1m 47s
2. Configuration with the Customizer
3. Extending WordPress with Plugins
5. Security and Maintenance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.