Themes are available from the WordPress Theme Directory and other locations on the web. Learn how to preview, install, and activate a new theme from the theme directory via the Customizer.
- [Instructor] So far in this course,…we've been working with a default 2019 theme,…but there's a good chance you'll want to test out…a different theme on your site,…maybe to get a different look,…or because you have a custom theme you want to use,…or just because you want to change up the entire site,…or maybe the 2019 theme just doesn't work…for your purposes.…If that's the case, you can change the theme…of your site through the customizer.…When you go to the customizer, you can see the active theme…right at the top here, it says 2019,…and there's a change button, which, not surprisingly,…allows you to change the active theme to something else.…
The cool thing is, you can actually preview your site…with a new theme, from the customizer,…without activating that theme, so people…who are visiting your site will not see…any of this happening, it's all happening…on your computer.…When you click change themes, you are immediately taken…to a preview of the currently installed themes…on your site, and here you see I have all…
- Adjusting settings
- Changing discussion and privacy settings
- Using the Customizer to adjust site identity and visuals
- Creating and customizing menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Extending WordPress with plugins
- Adding and managing users
- Managing comments and spam
- WordPress security and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
How WordPress works1m 47s
2. Configuration with the Customizer
3. Extending WordPress with Plugins
5. Security and Maintenance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.