In this video, learn how to avoid duplicating categories and tags.
- Before we start talking about specific Wordpress plugins, … there's a couple things that we can change … that will make a huge difference to our SEO. … If you notice, the URL for our About page … is our domain name dot net, question mark, … page ID equals five. … We can make that a lot nicer, … by our domain name dot net slash about. … Let's do that in Wordpress. … In the admin of our site, I'll go down to settings, … Permalinks and then I'll go ahead and select Post name. … So now it'll look something like this. … So for our About page it'll be slash about. … You can select any of these, except for Plain, … and it should work pretty nicely. … I'll click Save. … Let's go back to our About page and we'll refresh this. … And now it is slash about. … Search engines prefer easy-to-read URLs like this, … so this is the first setting that you should change … when you're optimizing any site. … Another setting that we can change, … and part of any SEO strategy, … will likely be writing content, and content in Wordpress …
- Keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Installing Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. All in One SEO Pack
3. WordPress SEO by Yoast
4. WordPress SEO by Yoast Settings
5. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.