Before launching a paid membership site, learn how to test every aspect of your site to make sure everything works properly and you are providing the best possible user experience for existing and prospective members.
- [Voiceover] One of the most important steps…in setting up a paid membership site is testing.…Before you take the site live,…you must ensure registration, payments,…and access works as intended across all levels.…This means actually signing up a group of test users…and putting your site through it's paces…to make sure everything works as it should.…If you're using Stripe as your payment gateway,…you can do extensive testing not only to make sure…everything works correctly,…but also to learn how the gateway itself works.…On their testing page, you have a long list of…credit card numbers to use to test your account…that provide insights into how different types…of cards are handled,…and what happens when something goes wrong…during the purchase process.…
I recommend trying out several of these numbers…to get a feel for the payment gateway and how it works…once your site goes live.…In particular, I recommend testing out…some of these numbers in the second table here,…that trigger different kinds of warnings on the back end…
Choose the solution you think will work for you and watch that chapter, or watch the entire course before making a decision.
- What is a paid membership site?
- Installing plugins
- Configuring membership management pages
- Adding payment options
- Configuring access
- Creating discount codes
- Receiving recurring payments
- Setting up drip content
- Managing members
Skill Level Intermediate
Finance Essentials for Small Businesswith Jim Stice51m 10s Intermediate
1. What Is Paid Membership?
2. Building a Paid Membership Site with Restrict Content Pro
3. Building a Paid Membership Site with iThemes Exchange Membership
Thank you1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.